I find lateshowwritersonstrike.com consistently the funniest strike blog out there. Some recent gems you may have missed:
BILL SCHEFT’S STRIKE RELATED DAVE-TYPE MONOLOGUE JOKE OF THE DAY: The hookers in Times Square, God Bless ‘em, are now offering their “Writers Strike Special.” It’s $29.95, but if you let them make a DVD, they’ll give you back four cents.
THE AMPTP’S CONTRACT PROPOSAL …BY JOE GROSSMAN… Today, the WGA and AMPTP resumed negotiations, and inside sources say the producers finally offered the writers a contract that would pay us using a simple, straightforward formula. Here’s how it works.
– The pay-per-letter contract: $0.00 for every use of the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.
– .0125¢ for every Q and anything with an umlaut.
Negotiation Ground Rules …BY STEVE YOUNG … The WGA and the AMPTP have agreed that Monday’s negotiations will be governed by the following rules:
– Each side may bring one giant inflatable animal.
– No hot-dogging or show-boating.
– During the 15 minute break, there will be a musical performance by the National Labor Relations Board’s “Rappin’ Mediator.”
– The AMPTP must withdraw excessively unfavorable proposals if the WGA team chants “Hey hey, ho ho, corporate greed has got to go.”
– Each negotiating team member must bring a covered dish.
– To determine the final internet residuals formula, the WGA will pick one of 26 silver briefcases held by models.
– The session will begin with an attempt to resolve a minor negotiating issue: the WGA wants to be able to sit at the table, while the AMPTP is demanding 100% of the chairs for themselves.
Editor-in-Chief Nikki Finke - tip her here.