Yesterday may have been a Blacker Monday than I or anyone reported. A soon-to-be-ex-New Liner tells me, “We were told in our pre-meetings yesterday that there were 575 NewLiners being let go. They have still not circulated a list of the folks being kept at the new New Line. Some are being kept into the summer and even the fall to wrap up books and records and such…” Meanwhile, are there even a dozen people (aka sycophants) who think Toby Emmerich deserves to stay on? I say he’s a short-timer.
- BLACK MONDAY: 450 New Line Jobs Axed
- Yes, Emmerich Will Run “New” New Line: But The Real Question Is Why?
- New Line Severance Not All It Could Be
- Don’t Believe Those New Line Layoff Rumors — Yet
- TOLDJA! New Line Folds Into Warner Bros; Bob Shaye & Michael Lynne Exit; Read All The Interoffice Memos Here
Editor-in-Chief Nikki Finke - tip her here.