What a difference nearly two decades can make. Back in 1991, Paul Reubens was arrested for allegedly masturbating publicly in a Florida theater. His showbiz career was seemingly over. Now he’s heading to Broadway, making regular TV appearances, and staging a big screen comeback as the lovable Pee-wee Herman. After seeing Paul perform as Pee-wee onstage in Los Angeles, Judd Apatow is developing a Pee-wee Herman adventure pic for Universal under the Apatow Productions banner. Reubens is writing it with Paul Rust. No director is set.
- Broadway Fattens Up Fall with ‘Pee-wee’
- No Jokey: Paul Reubens Joins ‘Smurf’ Film
- CAA Signs Paul Reubens In All Areas
- Conan Invites Pee-wee Herman To Explain NBC Late Night
- The Pee-wee Herman Show Is Back!
Editor-in-Chief Nikki Finke - tip her here.