Hollywood is jetting to the annual Allen & Co investment conference in Sun Valley starting today. I’ve just been emailed the in-room schedule by a participant, and this year showbiz is back in favor because of an “Entertainment Panel” consisting of Barry Diller, Peter Chernin, Jeff Katzenberg, and Bobby Kotick (the CEO/president of Activision Blizzard for those who are joystick challenged). Ken Auletta, the CEO pornmeister, moderates. No Friday night dildos. No sandwich boards for out-of-work moguls. Gawd, Camp Allen has become such a showbiz snorefest. Just look at the sked:
– “Women In Technology” – Tom Brokaw moderating, with panelists: Ursula Burns and Anne Mulcahy from Xerox and Sheryl Sandberg for Facebook.
– “Modern Europe” – Tom Friedman moderating, with panelists: Lionel Barber from the Financial Times, Mathias Döpfner, and Niall FitzGerald from Thompson Reuters, Jean-Bernard Lévy from Vivendi
– “Social Internet’ – Erin Burnett of CNBC moderating with panelists: Marc Andreessen, Reid Hoffman and Mark Zuckerberg.
– Lunchtime Panel – “Understanding The Brain”
– “Global Risk” – David Ignatius moderating, with panelists consisting of military dudes.
– “The Business of Running a City” — Charlie Rose moderating with panelists: Mike Bloomberg, Cory Booker, and Richard Daley.
– “The New Breed Of Companies” featuring Square, Pandora, thinged and groupon.
– Untitled Panel moderated by Anderson Cooper with panelists: Warren Buffet, and Melinda and Bill Gates.
Editor-in-Chief Nikki Finke - tip her here.