We hardly need proof that Charlie Sheen is not in rehab since he is on TMZ right now doing a live interview from his back yard, but the actor’s former longtime publicist Stan Rosenfield just sent out an email debunking a couple of Sheen-related rumors making the rounds online. That was probably Rosenfield’s last official PR move on Sheen’s behalf as he just left the troubled actor. “I have worked with Charlie Sheen for a long time and I care about him very much,” he said. “However, at this time, I’m unable to work effectively as his publicist and have respectfully resigned.”
On Sheen matters: first, he is not in rehab, Rosenfield said. And secondly, he is not retiring. An email claiming so, which had been sent out under the name of Rosenfield’s company, is a hoax, the publicist said. As Sheen told ABC’s Good Morning America, he has big plans for TV and film acting gigs.
However, one online report is true, Radar’s post that Sheen has been banned from the Warner Bros. lot where Two and a Half Men has been filming. The actor has repeatedly vowed to show up for work this week as originally planned despite the fact that CBS and the studio on Thursday pulled the plug on the show for this season.
As for Rosenfield, in his live interview with TMZ today Sheen implied that Rosenfield lied in a November statement that categorized the reasons for the actor’s hospitalization in New York City after he thrashed a hotel room as “allergic reaction.” “I would’ve come up with something better,” Sheen quipped. He also stressed that Rosenfield couldn’t have quit because he fired him.
TV Editor Nellie Andreeva - tip her here.