Beverly Hills, CA – Oscar-winning writer David Seidler will deliver the keynote address at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ 26th annual Don and Gee Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting presentation on Thursday, November 3, at the Beverly Wilshire hotel. Seidler became a first-time Academy Award® nominee and winner with his original screenplay for the 2010 Best Picture winner “The King’s Speech.” He is currently working on “The Lady Who Went Too Far” and “Games of 1940.” The Academy annually awards up to five Nicholl fellowships of $30,000 each. This year’s recipients are:
- Chris Bessounian & Tianna Langham, Los Angeles, Calif., “Guns and Saris”
- Dion Cook, Altus, Okla., “Cutter”
- John MacInnes, Los Angeles, Calif., “Outside the Wire”
- Matthew Murphy, Culver City, Calif., “Unicorn”
- Abel Vang & Burlee Vang, Fresno, Calif., “The Tiger’s Child”
For all of Deadline's headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter.