Los Angeles (October 22, 2011)– The Screen Actors Guild National Board of Directors met in a regularly scheduled plenary meeting on October 22, in the James Cagney Board Room at the Guild’s Los Angeles headquarters.
The meeting began with a moment of silence in honor of members who have passed away since the last meeting. The board received reports from operational departments, committees and task forces including:
Merger Task Force
President Ken Howard reported to the board on the efforts of the Guild’s Merger Task Force and efforts to unite SAG and AFTRA members in a single successor union.
The Board also received status reports from member and staff co-leads of each of the six merger workgroups:
· Governance & Structure
· Operations & Staff
· Finance & Dues
· Collective Bargaining
· Pension, Health & Retirement
· Member Education & OutreacH
· National Secretary-Treasurer Amy Aquino delivered a report on the Guild’s first quarter financial results noting that SAG’s revenue and expenses are tracking the budget for fiscal year 2012.
National Executive Director’s Report
· National Executive Director David White reported on operational enhancements underway at the Guild. White told the board about the continued success and expanded use of the recently launched online SAG Production Center and contract signatory function. White revealed that more than 2,250 productions have executed or applied for SAG production contracts through the online signatory function since it publicly launched in June 2011, a figure that exceeds all projections for the initiative at this stage.
· White also reported on the Guild’s support for, and participation in, the Creative America effort to stop content theft. SAG’s involvement in the industry-wide education and information campaign has included member communications, staff communications and various public relations efforts including video testimonial messages and print handouts provided at member events.
In other business, the Guild handled routine governance matters including a review of committee appointments and a report on the Regional Branch Rules of Procedure project.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 p.m. PDT.
Editor-in-Chief Nikki Finke - tip her here.