George Lucas was asked by Bloomberg Businessweek if the three members of the original Star Wars cast would return for Episode VII. His response — “We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison—or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, ‘Look, this is what’s going on.’ ” Pausing, he said “Maybe I’m not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them.” But he did add, “I won’t say whether the negotiations were successful or not.” Deadline’s Mike Fleming reported yesterday that Fisher told Palm Beach Illustrated magazine on the record that she would be back as Princess Leia. We’ll see. Disney confirmed in January that J.J. Abrams would direct Star Wars: Episode VII. Abrams, his longtime producing partner Bryan Burk, and Bad Robot are producing along with Kathleen Kennedy under the Disney/Lucasfilm banner.
Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill On Board For ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’? George Lucas Suggests They Are
By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Thursday March 7, 2013 @ 9:13am PSTTags: George Lucas, Star Wars: Episode VII
Get Deadline news and alerts FREE to your inbox...
This article was printed from http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/harrison-ford-carrie-fisher-mark-hamil-star-wars-episode-vii-george-lucas-suggests-they-are/
SUBSCRIBE TO DEADLINE NEWS
News/Opinion PollLoading ...
By The Numbers - FILMS/TV/CABLE
Box Office PollLoading ...
‘Fast & Furious 6′ Montage