Eunice Huthart, a former body double for Angelina Jolie, has become the first person to file a phone-hacking lawsuit against News Corp. in the U.S. Huthart, a British national whose most recent credit is as stunt coordinator on Disney’s upcoming Jolie-starrer Maleficent, filed a civil complaint (read it here) against News Corp, and its UK press arm News International, in federal court on June 13 alleging right to privacy violations. Those include “intrusion into, interception of and interference with” voicemail messages left on her phone while she was working as a double for Jolie in the U.S. in 2005. The suit seeks damages for violations of federal and California laws.

Mark Lewis, Huthart’s lawyer, teamed with two New York law firms in April 2012 to represent at least four people who may have had their privacy violated Stateside by Rupert Murdoch-owned properties. One of the New York attorneys, Norman Siegel, who filed Huthart’s papers, said last year that the clients believed their phones were hacked on U.S. soil between 2001-2006. He also said the people were named in the notes of Glenn Mulcaire, the private investigator who worked for the now defunct News Of The World tabloid and was jailed in 2007 for illegally intercepting phone messages. Huthart’s cell number and other personal information appeared in Mulcaire’s notes according to the suit. Lewis tells Deadline a press conference will be held in New York next Tuesday.

Get Deadline news and alerts sent to your inbox.