Check Out Our New Look

Charlie Sheen Done With Interviews, Joins Twitter

By | Tuesday March 1, 2011 @ 3:47pm PST
Nellie Andreeva

After a media blitz of TV, radio and Web interviews, Charlie Sheen says he is done. But he, in fact, is just eliminating the middle man. The troubled Two and a Half Men star today joined Twitter today,  so he can share his thoughts with the world directly any time he feels like it. Within a few hours, Sheen had amassed almost 500,000 followers.

As for one-on-ones, “this is it,” Sheen told Howard Stern who interviewed him on his radio show this morning. “I am talking to you and I think I have one little interview today at the house and that’s it. Then I am going to sit by the phone and wait for one of these charlatans to reach out.” “Charlatans,” of course, is Sheen’s pet name for the producers of Two and a Half Men.

Comments 56

Charlie Sheen Rescinds Raise Demands, Pushes For More Payments To ‘Men’ Crew

Nellie Andreeva

On NBC’s Today Show this morning, Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen demanded a big raise to $3 million an episode to return to the show. 12 hours and 12 interviews later, Sheen took that back. In an interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan, the troubled actor said that “that was stupid.”

He praised Warner Bros.’ decision to pay the crew of Two and a Half Men for the four episodes scheduled to begin production this week but insisted that everyone involved with the show should be paid for all 8 unproduced episodes of the current eighth season. “That’s OK; that’s a start,” he said about the four-episode compensation for the crew. “I’m not going to stop until they give them eight. Then I’m going to work on my cast; then I’m going to finish with me.”

Sheen also was asked if he would apologize to CBS Corp. president and CEO Leslie Moonves for his recent behavior. Sheen said he would but then added: “And then I would ask him, why did you lie to me about the crew in front of … my management team?” Sheen said. “When I said, ‘Guys I can’t be gone too long because I’m worried about the crew, they’ve got families and mortgages.’ … (Moonves) said, ‘Don’t worry about the crew, you have our word’. Him and his partner (Warner Bros.’) Bruce (Rosenblum).”

Comments 38

Charlie Sheen Parts Ways With Longtime Publicist, Gets Banned From Warner Lot

Nellie Andreeva

We hardly need proof that Charlie Sheen is not in rehab since he is on TMZ right now doing a live interview from his back yard, but the actor’s former longtime publicist Stan Rosenfield just sent out an email debunking a couple of Sheen-related rumors making the rounds online. That was probably Rosenfield’s last official PR move on Sheen’s behalf as he just left the troubled actor. “I have worked with Charlie Sheen for a long time and I care about him very much,” he said. “However, at this time, I’m unable to work effectively as his publicist and have respectfully resigned.”

On Sheen matters: first, he is not in rehab, Rosenfield said. And secondly, he is not retiring. An email claiming so, which had been sent out under the name of Rosenfield’s company, is a hoax, the publicist said. As Sheen told ABC’s Good Morning America, he has big plans for TV and film acting gigs.

However, one online report is true, Radar’s post that Sheen has been banned from the Warner Bros. lot where Two and a Half Men has been filming. The actor has repeatedly vowed to show up for work this week as originally planned despite the fact that CBS and the studio on Thursday pulled the plug on the show for this season.

As for Rosenfield, in his live interview with TMZ today Sheen implied that Rosenfield lied in a November statement that categorized the … Read More »

Comments 48

Charlie Sheen Vows To Sue CBS & Warner Bros., Demands Raise For ‘Men’

Nellie Andreeva

UPDATE: And if GMA and Today were still under the impression that they’ve gotten some kind of an exclusive with their Charlie Sheen sitdowns, the actor also did video interviews this morning with his favorite news outlets of late: TMZ an Radaronline. “I’m supposed to be out there all humble and asking for my job,” Sheen said during the TMZ chat. “No, I don’t do that. I don’t understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of… I don’t know what I did to piss everyone off so much.”

He slammed CBS Corp. president and CEO Leslie Moonves for not firing Two and a Half Men showrunner Chuck Lorre. Asked if he would do the show if asked to stay clean he responded: “Bring it.”

PREVIOUS: In interviews for NBC’s Today show and ABC’s Good Morning America, Charlie Sheen toned down the name-calling from his recent radio rants a bit but continued to attack CBS and Warner Bros. for shutting down production on his hit comedy Two and a Half Men. In the GMA interview, he vowed to sue for “tons.”

“I’m gonna sue for what I’m worth and what I deserve and what they think they can take from me. They can’t,” Sheen said. “I don’t have a job. I got a whole family to support and love. And — people beyond myself, people a lot more important than me, are relying on that money to — fuel the magic.”

“I’m here to collect. They’re gonna lose. They’re gonna lose in a courtroom. So, I would recommend that they do an out of court settlement and fix this whole thing, and pay the crew, and get season nine back on board,” he said.

And how much would it cost Warner Bros. to have him back on Men? In the Today interview, Sheen demanded that the studio more than double his current salary to $3 million per episode. “Look what they put me through,” he said. “Come Wednesday morning, they’re going to rename it Charlie Bros. and not Warner Bros. Duh, winning!”

When it came to apologies for his verbal assaults over the past week, Sheen refused to give one to CBS. “They owe me a big one – publicly – while they lick my feet,” he told Today.

In the GMA interview, Sheen apologized to Men co-creator Chuck Lorre… sort of. “I’m sorry if I offended you,” he said. “I didn’t know you were so sensitive. I just thought, you know, after you whailing on me for eight years that I could like take a few shots back. I didn’t know you were gonna take your little ball and go home and punish everybody in the process.”

Also on GMA, Sheen admitted that he “probably took more than anybody could survive [on]” when it comes to drugs but is not afraid he might die. “Dying is for fools,” he quipped. Sheen said he stopped taking drugs a month to six weeks ago and swears he won’t relapse. “I’m not going to, period, the end,” he said. “I blinked and I cured my brain, that’s how.” The results from a drug test administered by Radaronline were revealed during the telecast, confirming that Sheen is indeed drug-free at the moment.

In the Today interview, Sheen said he has big plans for the future with starring roles in both film and TV.  “I won best picture at 20,” Sheen said, a reference to best picture Oscar winner Platoon, which he filmed when he was 20. (He wasn’t nominated for the film). “I wasn’t even trying. I wasn’t even warm.” Here is clip from the GMA interview: Read More »

Comments 97

ABC & Movie Academy Battle Over Charlie Sheen Interview Promos On Oscars Show

Nellie Andreeva

3rd UPDATE SUNDAY PM: Well, there were no promos for the Charlie Sheen interview during the actual Oscar ceremony. They aired during the Red Carpet coverage and after the credits. That is outside of the area where the Academy has a say.

2nd UPDATE SUNDAY AM: According to ABC, there will be promos for the Charlie Sheen interview during the Oscar telecast after all, two of them.

UPDATE Saturday 9 PM: ABC just landed the hottest TV interview of the moment, a sitdown with troubled  Two And A Half Men star Charlie Sheen, to air on Good Morning America and as a primetime special next week. The timing couldn’t be  more perfect because ABC’s biggest promotional platform, the Academy Awards, airs tomorrow night. But there may be no trace of a promo for the interview during the awards telecast. Read More »

Comments 137

NBC ‘Today Show’ Gets Charlie Sheen Too

Nellie Andreeva

It will be a Charlie Sheen TV morning tomorrow. NBC’s Today Show this afternoon interviewed the ubiquitous Two and a Half Men star at his home this afternoon. Jeff Rossen conducted the one-on-one, which will air on Today tomorrow morning. “Charlie Sheen demands personal apology from Two And A Half Men producer Chuck Lorre and CBS,” The Today Show executive producer Jim Bell just tweeted. “Incredible stuff.” The interview will air in the opening 7 AM hour of Today, which means that it may be the first TV interview with Sheen to hit the air.

Also tomorrow morning, ABC’s Good Morning America will run the first part of its own interview with Sheen, taped yesterday. It had been touted as an exclusive until Sheen decided to sit down with Today too. With CBS’ The Early Show out of contention for obvious reasons (CBS has been a main target of Sheen’s rants), the troubled actor will now be on every major broadcast network morning show. So much for post-Oscar coverage being the leading story Monday AM…

Comments 43

TV TEASER: ABC’s Charlie Sheen Interview

Nellie Andreeva

ABC News just released a promo for Andrea Canning’s interview with Charlie Sheen, which will air on Good Morning America on Monday and Tuesday and as a 20/20 primetime special on Tuesday night. ABC said on Sunday that there will be 2 promos for the interview airing during the Academy Awards telecast tonight. However, there were no promos during the actual ceremony:

Comments 45