We hardly need proof that Charlie Sheen is not in rehab since he is on TMZ right now doing a live interview from his back yard, but the actor’s former longtime publicist Stan Rosenfield just sent out an email debunking a couple of Sheen-related rumors making the rounds online. That was probably Rosenfield’s last official PR move on Sheen’s behalf as he just left the troubled actor. “I have worked with Charlie Sheen for a long time and I care about him very much,” he said. “However, at this time, I’m unable to work effectively as his publicist and have respectfully resigned.”
On Sheen matters: first, he is not in rehab, Rosenfield said. And secondly, he is not retiring. An email claiming so, which had been sent out under the name of Rosenfield’s company, is a hoax, the publicist said. As Sheen told ABC’s Good Morning America, he has big plans for TV and film acting gigs.
However, one online report is true, Radar’s post that Sheen has been banned from the Warner Bros. lot where Two and a Half Men has been filming. The actor has repeatedly vowed to show up for work this week as originally planned despite the fact that CBS and the studio on Thursday pulled the plug on the show for this season.
As for Rosenfield, in his live interview with TMZ today Sheen implied that Rosenfield lied in a November statement that categorized the … Read More »
Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen won’t have to bang on the doors of the show’s stage anymore. After a four-week hiatus, production on the hit CBS comedy will resume on Feb. 28, a date Sheen floated in his radio interview with Dan Patrick on Monday. As previously speculated, Warner Bros. TV will produce 4 more episodes of Men, filming on on March 4, 11, 18 and 25. That is four segments short of the comedy’s 24-episode order. In his Monday radio interview, Sheen, who has been undergoing rehab treatment, said he was ready to go back to work. “They said ‘You get ready and we’ll get ready’,” he said. “I got ready and went back and nobody was there ” Sheen said, adding that he lost his voice banging on the show’s stage doors.
UPDATED: Charlie Sheen made another bizarre public statement this morning, this time on live radio. The Two and a Half Men star, who is undergoing rehab treatment at home, called into the Dan Patrick Show to complain that CBS and Men producer Warner Bros. TV would not allow him to return to work despite, according to him, being ready to do so. “They said ‘You get ready and we’ll get ready’,” he said in the 30-minute interview. “I got ready and went back and nobody was there … I don’t know what to tell ya,” Sheen said, adding that he lost his voice banging on the show’s stage doors. He stressed that the show’s hiatus has been “forced”. He cracked that “at this pace”, Men will return to production in “August 2014″. Sheen later clarified that the show is expected to resume filming on Feb. 28.
CBS and WBTV declined comment on a TMZ report that the order for Men is being cut from 24 to 20 episodes. The show has 16 episodes in the can, with the 4 additional ones eyed to shoot on March 4, 11, 18 and 25. That means that the show’s producers won’t try to make up for the current four-week work stoppage. Last year, the 3-week hiatus caused by Sheen’s rehab treatment resulted in the show delivering 22 instead of 24 episodes. It is still unclear how the crew of the show will be compensated … Read More »
Charlie Sheen has offered to partially reimburse the crew of his hit CBS comedy series Two and a Half Men who have been sidelined while the actor is undergoing a rehab treatment. Sources confirm a TMZ report that Sheen has offered to pay one third of the salaries of the crew for the time they have been on an unplanned hiatus, with producer Warner Bros. TV and network CBS covering a third each. There is no response to his proposal from the studio and the network yet. The studio has been exploring options to compensate the crew of the show but it is also waiting to see how long the hiatus will be. If Sheen returns to work later this month and as early as next week as some reports suggest, the studio will most likely be able to make up for most of the lost time and the crew would get paid as originally planned. No re-start date for Men has been set yet as WBTV and CBS are waiting for for an indication that Sheen is well enough to resume work.
With Charlie Sheen in rehab, the focus is shifting to the aftermath of his departure from the hit CBS show. Luckily (and sadly), CBS and the series producers from Warner Bros TV have been down that road before with Sheen’s month-long stint in rehab last year, so they are dusting off the contingency plan they implemented a year ago with a few wrinkles. Last year, the month-long shutdown resulted in the loss of only 2 episodes from Two and a Half Men‘s 24-episode order, so the impact on CBS’ schedule was minimal. This time around, his absence could be longer. (Sheen’s team has not notified WBTV or CBS about how long he intends to stay in rehab and the actor’s publicist was unaware of any specific time frame, but gossip site TMZ pegs it on 3 months.) Even in the case of such a lengthy stint in rehab, the show could resume production and bang out a couple of fresh episodes to close out the season. CBS has 2 unaired episodes of Men (Ep. 15 Three Hookers and a Philly Cheesesteak, oh the irony, and Ep. 16 That Darn Priest) which it will run as planned on Feb. 7 and Feb. 14. Beyond that, CBS is planning to do more Men repeats than previously scheduled mixed with extra originals of some of the other Monday comedies. Freshman Mike & Molly, which airs behind Men and hails from the same … Read More »
UPDATED: After a daylong hospital visit that allegedly followed days of heavy partying involving drugs, Charlie Sheen has checked into a rehab. His hit CBS comedy series, Two and a Half Men, has been put on a production hiatus. “Charlie Sheen has voluntarily entered an undisclosed rehabilitation center today,” Sheen’s publicist Stan Rosenfield said in a statement. “He is most grateful to all who have expressed their concern.” This is a sharp reversal from the statement issued by Rosenfield this morning, which stated that the Two and a Half Men star will return to work on Tuesday as scheduled.
The series producer Warner Bros. TV and CBS have long tried to convince Sheen to seek professional help for his addiction, offering to shut down production in order to accommodate that. Despite the actor’s repeated refusals to do so, the studio and the network reportedly ramped up their efforts in light of Sheen’s most recent shenanigans that sent him to the ER. Word is that they may have gotten help from Sheen’s father, Martin Sheen, who visited his son in the hospital yesterday and, deeply concerned, reportedly urged him to go to rehab. Since WBTV and CBS’ all previous attempts to talk the actor into going to rehab had fallen on deaf ears, that could’ve been the deciding factor. Legally, the studio cannot shut down production on the show … Read More »