Check Out Our New Look

UPDATE: Lawyers For Warner Bros & Charlie Sheen At Odds Over If There Have Been Talks About Sheen Return To ‘Men’

Nellie Andreeva

UPDATE: Charlie Sheen’s lawyer Marty Singer has fired back at Warner Bros’ lawyers for claiming that his client has lied about discussions for him to return to Two and a Half Men. “There have been discussions as late as Tuesday, and all parties have been involved — Warner Bros, CBS, (Men executive producer) Chuck Lorre and Charlie Sheen,” Singer told TMZ.

PREVIOUS: Following recent statements by Charlie Sheen that he has been “in discussions” to return to Two and a Half Men, the hit CBS sitcom he was fired from last month, one of the two layers representing Men producer Warner Bros TV has fired off a letter to Sheen’s litigation attorney Marty Singer. The letter, obtained by TMZ, calls Sheen’s statements “false.” “As you know,” John Spiegel wrote, “there have been no discussions, there are no discussions and there will be no discussions, regarding his returning to or having any involvement with the series.” Ouch!

Comments 39

Charlie Sheen’s Injunction Denied, His Legal Dispute Now Headed To Arbitration

Nellie Andreeva

Charlie Sheen won’t get his wish of a court battle against Warner Bros Television and Two and a Half Men co-creator Chuck Lorre over his firing from the hit CBS series. It was considered an extremely long shot, but Sheen’s lawyer Marty Singer today tried to prevent the case from going to private arbitration with an emergency temporary restraining order filed in Santa Monica. The injunction request was denied. No arbitrator has been selected yet, and there will be at least four weeks until a private hearing on the case is held, according to court documents. This was the latest of a series of legal wins for Warner Bros, which quickly started arbitration proceedings before Sheen filed his $100 million lawsuit against the studio and Lorre and then was successful in folding Sheen’s case against Lorre into its arbitration with the actor.

Comments 30

Charlie Sheen Calls Himself Messiah, Prepares For War With Hit List

Nellie Andreeva

In the fourth and final installment of his web show Sheen’s Korner, Charlie Sheen looked great, much closer to his well-groomed character Charlie Harper he played on Two and a Half Men than the disheveled hobo look he sported yesterday. Unlike his previous free-wheeling shows, he was scripted this time, delivering a prepared 10-minute semi-coherent rant that was full of viscous attacks on his usual targets, top CBS and Warner Bros. executives and Two and a Half Men co-creator Chuck Lorre.

After using the book cover of The Art of War by After Sun Tzu as a stand-by screen before the live show, Sheen used clips from Apocalypse Now (“I love the smell of napalm in the morning”) and A Few Good Men (“You can’t handle the truth”) in an opening montage to The Doors’ The End.

In the show, seen live but about 60,000, he addressed his Monday dismissal from Two and a Half Men. “What occurred yesterday was in fact completely illegal, in fact, unconscionable,” he said. “And to quote my lawyer really F**k, f**k, suck suck.”

Sheen proclaimed himself “Malibu Messiah, Condor of Calabasas” and went on to issue an “unwanted list” of people he doesn’t want close to his “gold.” One of them, Peter Roth, president of Men producer Warner Bros. TV, actually got praise. But there was no love for CBS Corp. president and CEO Leslie Moonves, whom Sheen called “Less Than Goonves.” “You gave me … Read More »

Comments 84

Charlie Sheen Unleashes Attorney Marty Singer On Warner Bros. And CBS

Nellie Andreeva

Here is the latest hourly Charlie Sheen update: the troubled actor is following on his repeated threats that he would sue Two and a Half Men producer Warner Bros. TV and network CBS.

Warner Bros. TV confirmed a TMZ report that top litigator Marty Singer has sent a letter to the studio demanding that Sheen is paid in full for the 8 unproduced episodes of the show’s current eighth season. Sheen retained Singer a couple of months ago in an effort to prevent Warner Bros. and CBS from shutting down production on the show amidst his personal problems. The legal letter reportedly claims that Sheen had been ready and willing to return to work for weeks but Men showrunner Chuck Lorre and the studio had been keeping him sidelined, thus breaching his contract. Such letters threatening legal action are a Singer specialty. For now, he and Sheen are stopping short of filing a lawsuit against Warner Bros.

Comments 109

Charlie Sheen Parts Ways With Longtime Publicist, Gets Banned From Warner Lot

Nellie Andreeva

We hardly need proof that Charlie Sheen is not in rehab since he is on TMZ right now doing a live interview from his back yard, but the actor’s former longtime publicist Stan Rosenfield just sent out an email debunking a couple of Sheen-related rumors making the rounds online. That was probably Rosenfield’s last official PR move on Sheen’s behalf as he just left the troubled actor. “I have worked with Charlie Sheen for a long time and I care about him very much,” he said. “However, at this time, I’m unable to work effectively as his publicist and have respectfully resigned.”

On Sheen matters: first, he is not in rehab, Rosenfield said. And secondly, he is not retiring. An email claiming so, which had been sent out under the name of Rosenfield’s company, is a hoax, the publicist said. As Sheen told ABC’s Good Morning America, he has big plans for TV and film acting gigs.

However, one online report is true, Radar’s post that Sheen has been banned from the Warner Bros. lot where Two and a Half Men has been filming. The actor has repeatedly vowed to show up for work this week as originally planned despite the fact that CBS and the studio on Thursday pulled the plug on the show for this season.

As for Rosenfield, in his live interview with TMZ today Sheen implied that Rosenfield lied in a November statement that categorized the … Read More »

Comments 48

Charlie Sheen Now Writing ‘Men’ Expose

By | Saturday February 26, 2011 @ 10:58am PST
Nellie Andreeva

First, it was the Charlie Sheen HBO show that never was. Now comes the Charlie Sheen memoir about his eight years on CBS’ Two and a Half Men. In his daily update to TMZ, the troubled star says he is working on a tell-all book about what happened behind the scenes of the hit show. That is, of course, if there is anything left unsaid after Sheen is done with his current radio show speaking tour/gossip site confessions. Sheen says he plans to start the bidding for the book at $10 million, which is about how much he is poised to lose from the show scrapping production on 8 episodes of its eighth-season order because of his personal problems.

Comments 86

Charlie Sheen Missed His Call Time To See A Doctor But Expected To Make Rehearsal

Nellie Andreeva

EXCLUSIVE: Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen missed his call time this morning but called the producers of the hit CBS comedy series to say that he needs to see a doctor and will come to the show’s rehearsal this afternoon. Per Sheen’s publicist Stan Rosenfield, “Charlie woke up this morning with an ear infection, and he will go see his ear doctor first, and then go to the set.”

Sheen has been under extra scrutiny following his wild weekend in Las Vegas that allegedly included heavy drinking and porn star encounters. He showed up for work on time yesterday and performed his duties on the series. Sheen has also been an object of concern for CBS, Warner Bros. and the series’ producers who have been looking for ways to help the star deal with his addiction problems.

Comments 38

WBTV & CBS Fight To “Save” Charlie Sheen

Nellie Andreeva

UPDATE 11:20AM: Charlie Sheen has just arrived on the set of Two and a Half Men.

PREVIOUS: As Warner Bros TV and CBS nervously await to see if Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen will show up for work today after his weekend binge in Las Vegas (he is due at the studio later this morning), WBTV, the network, as well as the producers of the hit CBS comedy continue to search for ways to get Sheen help. I hear Sheen, described as a functioning addict, returned to work from holiday hiatus last week visibly slimmer (some estimate he may have lost as much as 25 lb.) His drastically changed appearance led to WBTV and CBS ramping up their efforts to shut down production on the show in the short term so Sheen can get clean.

But that didn’t fly with Sheen who has consistently refused to go to rehab. I hear he has retained lead litigator Marty Singer and has threatened to sue Warner Bros TV and CBS if they shut down production on the show without cause. And, with him refusing to see a doctor, the studio and the network would have to stop production with no legal reason. Additionally, if he refuses to enter rehab, staying at home instead of working would probably do more harm than good – Sheen seems to mostly get in trouble when he is off work, including his domestic violence … Read More »

Comments 144