CBS tried hard to keep Cote de Pablo on its most-watched series NCIS, Leslie Moonves said during the network’s TCA executive session today. “We offered Cote de Pablo a lot of money — and then we offered even more money,” he explained. “We didn’t want to lose her.” In a surprise announcement earlier this month, the network and the actress said she would appear only in enough episodes of the upcoming 11th season to fill out her Ziva David character’s storyline and then leave the show. The announcement she was leaving, after eight years on the hit drama, came as a surprise earlier this month. This morning, Moonves said the decision came as the network was in discussions with the rest of the cast, “and the producers were aware of what was going on. NCIS is the highest-rated show on TV. We did everything possible to keep her — she ultimately decided she didn’t want to do the show”.
You are viewing the archive: Cote De Pablo
TCA: CBS CEO Leslie Moonves: “We Offered Cote de Pablo A Lot of Money — And Then We Offered Even More”
By LISA DE MORAES, TV Columnist | Monday July 29, 2013 @ 10:05am PDTTags: Cote De Pablo, Leslie Moonves, NCIS, TCA