EXCLUSIVE: Before The Mentalist‘s Red John, there was 1990s serial killer Keith Hunter Jesperson, known as the “Happy Face Killer” because of the happy face he drew on a bathroom wall and in anonymous letters he sent to the media and prosecutors during his spree. David Arquette is set to portray the Canadian murderer in Happy Face (working title), a Lifetime original movie about the infamous case.
EXCLUSIVE: In yet another example of cross-pollination between vertically integrated companies this buying season, Fox has taken in an ABC Studios-produced comedy in a script deal with penalty. It hails from Courteney Cox and David Arquette‘s studio-based Coquette and writer Vijal Patel who also has an overall deal at ABC Studios. The single-camera comedy centers on tiger parents who realize raising smart confident kids is a horrible idea when they turn into smart confident teenagers who make your life hell. Patel is writing and will executive produce with Cox and Arquette, with Coquette’s Thea Mann co-executive producing. Patel, repped by APA and attorney Bruce Gellman, serves as co-executive producer on ABC/ABC Studios’ new comedy series Trophy Wife. He previously serves as co-executive producer on Family Tools and spent three seasons on The Middle. Coquette is co-producing with ABC Studios the TBS comedy series Cougar Town starring Cox.
Courteney Cox’s hit series Friends ran on NBC for 10 years, chronicling the lives of 6 friends over a decade. Now Cox and her ex/producing partner, David Arquette, are developing Ten Years, an ensemble comedy that explores the ups and downs of relationships among a group of friends spanning 10 years. According to our sister site TV Line, which broke the story, two of the characters are loosely inspired by Cox and Arquette’s real-life post-split arrangement where the two remain close in caring for their daughter. The project is set up at ABC Studios, where Cox and Arquette’s company is based, and will be shopped to the networks shortly. I hear Howard Morris is attached as writer.
This ABC show now in its 13th season is the bane of my existence (because I hate it so much) and returns on Monday, September 19th, with a fall season lineup of spandex-sporting contestants that’s as bewildering as ever. The full roster is:
– Nancy “J’accuse” Grace, TV blonde who rants about white trash murders.
– David Arquette, better known as a Howard Stern guest than an actor.
– LA Laker Ron Artest changing his name to “Metta World Peace”.
– Chaz Bono, who’s obviously there for random curiosity.
– George Clooney’s dumped girlfriend Elizabetta Canalis.
– Kristin “Drama Drama Drama” Cavallari, the unlikeable Reality TV bimbo.
– The least interesting Kardashian (which is saying a lot): Rob.
– Carson “Queer Eye For The Straight Guy” Kressley, who needs a new agent.
– Ricki Lake coming out of the Witness Protection Program.
– J.R. Martinez, a soap opera actor who helps fulfill ABC’s diversity quota.
– Singer Chynna Phillips married to the least interesting Baldwin brother.
– Soccer player Hope Solo promoting her nude spread in ESPN The Magazine.