The consolidation of independent unscripted production companies continues, with FremantleMedia buying a 75% stake in SallyAnn Salsano‘s 495 Prods. with the option to acquire the remaining 25%g in the future. Founded in 2006 by Salsano, 495 Prods. is behind such unscripted series as MTV’s Jersey Shore and spinoffs Snooki And JWOWW, The Show With Vinny and The Pauly D Project; Spike TV’s Tattoo Nightmares, which FremantleMedia distributes internationally, and Repo Games; MTV’s dating show Friendzone and the daytime syndicated talk show The Real. The company also produces Jerks With Cameras for MTV, Tattoos After Dark for Oxygen and CMT breakout hit Party Down South. “Our ambition is to continue to grow 495 Productions in the U.S. and to broaden its global footprint even further through our extensive distribution and production network,” FremantleMedia CEO Cécile Frot-Coutaz said.
Here we go again. In December 2009, MTV’s launch of Jersey Shore, about a group of party-loving young Italian Americans, drew the ire of Italian American organizations and legislators who mounted a campaign …
With Jersey Shore nearing its end, another cast member of the blockbuster reality series is staying at MTV with a new show. The network has greenlighted hybrid talk show/reality series The Show With Vinny hosted by Jersey Shore‘s Vinny Guadagnino. Executive produced by Jersey Shore mastermind SallyAnn Salsano of 495 Prods, the series will be set at Guadagnino’s family home in Staten Island, NY.
The Show With Vinny, which sounds a lot like UK’s The Kumars At No. 42, combines the reality of Guadagnino’s home life with off-the-cuff and unscripted interviews with stars invited over to break bread. It will feature a host of real characters from Guadagnino’s personal life, from his ultimate hostess mother Paula to party boss Uncle Nino and more. Celebrities will share a meal and a candid conversation about whatever comes up complete with lots of commentary from Vinny’s peanut gallery of loved ones. No studio or audience; just family, food and big friggin’ stars. “Vinny’s unique mix of humor, intelligence, curiosity and heart make him the perfect choice for this genre busting take on the interview format,” said Chris Linn, MTV EVP Programming and Head of Production.
At today’s TCA, MTV announced that the 6th season of Jersey Shore will premiere Thursday October 4 at 10 PM. The network also says it will be picking up second seasons of Snooki & JWoww and Money From Strangers. Here’s the release:
Beverly Hills, CA (August 3, 2012)—The much-anticipated premiere date for season six of “Jersey Shore,” along with the premiere dates for new and returning series, and season two renewals for “Snooki & JWOWW” and “Money From Strangers,” were among the announcements today by David Janollari, Head of MTV Programming, during the network’s presentation at the Summer 2012 Television Critics Association Press Tour. MTV also unveiled an all-new clip from the upcoming comedy “The Inbetweeners,” set to debut on Monday, August 20 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.
In a 16-page civil complaint filed in LA Superior Court yesterday, the talent agency says its former client owes it more than $370,000 in past commissions from the hit MTV reality series. And ICM says Paul DelVecchio, his real name, also owes it more than $200,000 from the upcoming season of Jersey Shore. The suit says that it’s “standard custom and practice” for talent agencies to receive “post-termination commissions on all deals they negotiate for their client.” Pauly D left ICM on May 5, 2011, after less than a year. DelVecchio is now represented by WME which negotiated his current Pauly D Project spin-off series. It debuted on MTV on March 29, 2012.
It looks like MTV’s Jersey Shore spinoff starring Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and Jenni “JWoww” Farley has found a place to shoot after being turned down last week by Hoboken”s film commission. Jersey City, N.J, has issued a …