Check Out Our New Look

‘Real Housewives Of NJ’ Stars Plead Guilty To Fraud, Could Face Two Years Jail Time

By | Tuesday March 4, 2014 @ 11:30am PST

DJP LEGAL BADGEReal Housewives Of New Jersey stars Teresa Giudice and her husband Giuseppe “Joe” Giudice today pleaded guilty to four fraud charges against them. As a part of a plea agreement with  New Jersey’s U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman, the reality TV duo could face up to 2 years in jail for the mortgage and bankruptcy fraud charges when they are sentenced on July 8. Teresa will have to hand over $200,000 in July as part of her deal with the government. The Housewives cast members  were first indicted last July on dozens of federal charges that potentially could have put them behind bars for decades and having to pay millions in fines. Under Celebrity Sightings In New York City - March 04, 2014federal guidelines, which government lawyers have indicated they want to fully pursue, Joe Giudice now faces a potential sentence of 37 to 46 months while Teresa could get 21 to 27 months behind bars.

“I am heartbroken that this is affecting my family. Especially my four young daughters, who mean more to me than anything in the world,” said Giudice a statement after the hearing. ”I have said throughout that I respect the legal process and thus, I intend to address the court directly at sentencing. I will describe the choices I made, continue to take responsibility for my decision, and express my remorse to Judge Salas and the public.” Bravo said that they had  ”no statement” on the … Read More »

Comments (1)

UPDATE: ‘Real Housewives Of NJ’ Stars Plead Not Guilty To Latest Indictments

By | Wednesday November 20, 2013 @ 8:20am PST

UPDATE, 8:20 AM: Real Housewives Of New Jersey stars Teresa Giudice and her husband Giuseppe “Joe” Giudice today pleaded not guilty to the latest fraud charges against them. In a brief arraignment in federal court in Newark, NJ this morning, the Bravo reality TV duo appeared to answer to one count of bank fraud and one count of loan application fraud. At a rare loss for outburst, neither Giudice spoke in Judge Esther Salas’s courtroom as their lawyers entered the pleas for them. With the indictments from earlier this summer, the couple now face 41 fraud counts and face decades behind bars and millions in fines if found guilty. The Giudices’ trial is set to start in February 2014. Season 6 of The Real Housewives Of NJ is expected to return in mid-2014 — with the Giuduces as part of the cast

Related: Indicted ‘Real Housewives Of NJ’ Stars Released on $500K Bail Read More »

Comments (10)

Bravo Greenlights ‘Real Housewives of NJ’ Caroline Manzo Pilot

By | Tuesday September 17, 2013 @ 9:12am PDT

Still testing viewers’ Real Housewives viewing limits, Bravo has given the go ahead to a The Real Housewives of New Jersey spinoff, starring Caroline Manzo, called Manzo’d with Children. The reality soap also would feature husband Albert, children Lauren, Albie, and Chris, as well as Manzo’s sister — as well as her sister, aka Aunt Fran, who made an appearance on the mothership show with her pet pig. The Real Housewives of New Jersey has been making news of a different sort lately– in late July, stars Teresa Giudice and husband Guiseppe “Joe” Giudice appeared in federal court in Newark to face charges in their 39-count fraud indictment case. The couple didn’t enter a plea to the charges but handed over a $500,000 unsecured bail bond. Last April, Bravo announced its largest ever slate of original programming, including 17 new and 18 returning unscripted series.

Comments (6)

UPDATE: Indicted ‘Real Housewives Of NJ’ Stars Released On $500K Bail, No Plea Entered

By | Tuesday July 30, 2013 @ 8:09am PDT

Update, 8:09 AM: Real Housewives Of New Jersey stars Teresa Giudice and her husband Giuseppe “Joe” Giudice appeared in federal court in Newark today to face charges in their 39-count fraud indictment case. The couple didn’t enter a plea to the charges that came down on Monday but they both handed over a $500,000 unsecured bail bond.  Also Judge Cathy Waldor compelled the duo to hand over their passports and imposed travel restrictions on the Giudices. In what is an obvious sign of a flight risk concern, the couple is now only allowed to travel in New Jersey and New York State. This morning’s proceedings also revealed that Joe Giudice is not actually an American citizen which means he could be deported to Italy if convicted. The couple will be back in court on August 14 to be arraigned. Their lawyers say the couple plans to plead not guilty which means we could see a trial in the new year at the earliest. Among the charges the Giudices face, they are alleged by the government to have lied on their bankruptcy petition about their income from the Garden State version of the Bravo franchise. With perhaps the exception of the usual reunion special, it is unlikely that this reality will end up Real Housewives of New Jersey anytime soon. The show wrapped filming on its current fifth season months ago. The latest cycle debuted on June 2.

PREVIOUSLY, MONDAY PM: Reality stars Teresa and Giuseppe Giudice are about to get a courtroom reality check. The castmembers of Bravo‘s The Real Housewives Of New Jersey were indicted today on several federal charges that could see them behind bars for decades and having to pay millions in fines. The bulk of the 39 charges (read them here), which the duo will face in court tomorrow, stem from false income statements on loan and mortgage documents and failure to file tax returns before the Garden State version of the reality TV franchise debuted in May 2009. However, a portion of the 33-page indictment deals with the couple’s income from the first and second season of the show. Specifically, how the Giudices did not state the funds the received as required by law in their October 2009 bankruptcy petition. “From in or about June 2008 through the filing of the Bankruptcy Petition, defendant Teresa Giudice received income of approximately $110,677 from various sources, including her work as an actress on the television show The Real Housewives of New Jersey (the “Television Show”), sales from the tgfabulicious.com website, and payments from personal and magazine appearances,” says the filing of what is termed a scheme to defraud. “On or about June 5, 2009 and August 27, 2009, defendants Giuseppe Giudice and Teresa Giudice signed agreements in connection with then-upcoming Season Two of the Television Show whereby they would receive approximately $110,000 in compensation,” the Grand Jury indictment adds. Despite various hearings, documents and other disclosures, the couple left their TV income off the bankruptcy books. Read More »

Comments 37